King Quilter Quilting Machine
Produce fantastic King Sized Quilts easier than ever!
KingQuilter produce a few different machines, today I’m taking a look at the King Quilter Quilting Machine 18x 8″ size.
The King Quilter 18×8 is perfect as an entry level long arm quilting machine. If you’ve struggled with quilting on one of the smaller, domestic sewing machines , then the King Quilter is the best solution for you.
Accurate stitches, speed & dependability with tons of features make this amazing machine one you’ll enjoy to own for several years to come.
The King is a modern device offering quilters everything they need in an affordable and simple to use solution. The King’s new Servo motor with auto-stitch and breathtakingly beautiful 3000 stitches per minute make inexpensive quilting quality a reality.
King Quilter bonus package
This King Quilter comes with a great bonus package included, no need to buy any extras!
- 4″ Magnetic Pin Bowl with Pins ($12)
- HQ-Handi Versa Tool ($25) HQ
- 1/4″ Thick Acrylic Ruler 3″ x 12″ ($24)
- Longarm Quilting Machine Tool Set ($63)
- Quilt Pounce Iron Off Powder ($15)
- Quilt Stencil My Favorite Leaves ($4)
- Longarm Basics: Set 1- 7 DVDs ($99)
- Stipples Made Easy Pantograph 26´ x 9.5″ ($17)
- Borders Made Easy Pantograph 26´ of 3″ ($16)
- From Flames to Feathers Book ($20)
- HQ Handi-Sized Half Circles Templates ($39)
King Quilter functions and features
- Auto Stitch – When you select one of the stitch modes, consisting of the auto stitch, your machine will coordinate with your motions. The stitch regulation is so precise, enabling you to create even the finest micro-stippling. The King will make your quilting sophisticated, precise and sophisticate.
- Auto Needle Positioner – Your King Quilter 18×8 has the capability to stop in the needle up or needle down position with exact accuracy, reducing bent or broken needles and permitting free movement of the device.
- Integrated Bobbin Winder w/ Large Bobbin – Your King Quilter 18×8 offers a built-in bobbin winder that winds while you quilt, so your next bobbin is always complete and all set to begin sewing. It also includes the largest bobbin available, the M-size bobbin.
- Comfort Grip Handlebars – The curve design handlebars permit easy movement of the device while also helping to relieve tension and tired muscles, making quilting simpler and more fluid.
- Oil Reservoir – Your King Quilter 18×8 needs hardly any upkeep. The oil is self-contained so you no longer need to worry about oil on your quilts or oiling the hook every time you change the bobbin.
- Hook Position Finger
- Centralized Lubrication System
- One Button Operation
- Hopping Foot
- Two-station Needle Positioner w/ Single Stitch
- Rear Handlebar Controllers
- Ergonomically Designed Handles
- Black Light
- Velcro Attaching Cloth Leaders
- LED Dimming Light
- Operator’s Manual
- Automatic Hook Lubrication
- Oil Impregnated Bushings
- Computerization Optional
- Stippling Foot Optional
- Open Toe Stippling Foot Optional
- Throat Space 18″ x 8″
- Actual Quilting Area 15″
- Machine Weight 47 pounds
- Long Arm Warranty 5 years parts & labor (Free shipping the 1st year)
- Specially Designed Vertical Wheels
- Gear / Shaft Power Transfer Gear Driven
- Cast Aluminum Molded Sewing Head
- Double-Capacity “M” Style Bobbin
- Turbo Servo Motor
- Built in Bobbin Winder
- Heavy-duty Top Shaft Bearings and Bushings 3
- Stitching Speed
- State-of-the-art Stitch Regulation Standard / Auto Stitch
- Idle Stitch
- Variable Speed Control
- Built in Diagnostics
The King Quilter is easy to set up and operate following the provided instructions. If you’ve never used a long arm machine before, the learning curve might be a little steeper.
When selecting one of the stitch modes using the LCD display (including auto stitch) the machine coordinates with your movements. The quilter sews as you move and stops when you stop. Stitch regulation is very accurate, allowing for perfect micro-stippling.
Because the King Quilter is WiFi enabled you can access popular sites, like YouTube, Pandora, E-mail, and so on directly from the quilting machine. You can install software updates easily by pressing a button. This is the only system on the market to be able to update quickly over WiFi.
The included Android tablet gives you all the features of a normal android device. You can access the Google Play store, browse the internet, and watch YouTube videos all from your quilting machine.
The powerful editing features let rotate, auto size, and repeat patterns. The Butler software also includes a crop feature, great for applique patterns. You can also see a birds-eye view of all your to-be-stitched patterns and then select which patterns you would like to run.
There are no reported problems setting up the tension (this can be an issue with some long arms.
A good way to get an idea of the performance is to watch a video.
- It doesn’t come with Bungee Cord set or a laser.
- Takes a long time to set up initially.
- There are many so I’ll list a couple of my favorites!
- I like the wi-fi ability and the inclusion of the android tablet. This lets you easily watch training videos which helps with the setting up and operation.
- The oil reservoir is a good addition, no more worries about oil on your precious quilt project.
- Using a long arm quilting machine over a prolonged period can cause a strain on your arms and wrists. I particularly like the design of the handles which helps to offset this.