You’ve mastered the basics of quilting and browsed through all the different quilting patterns available so what’s next? Creating your own patterns with quilt design software programs!
Let’s have a look first at what quilt design software programs can do compared to a graphic design software or paint program for example.
- Quilt programs are specifically designed for quilters.
- Each layout automatically includes the block, border and sash of the quilt.
- Ready made libraries of blocks borders and sashes.
- In the draw screen areas, the grids are already created specifically for quilters, for example, a 7 patch or 9 patch grid. Some of the quilt design software programs have circle grids or star grids.
- The edit and drawing tools are geared towards quilters, most quilt software programs have these tools.